Sunday, July 5, 2009

Spend day with kids Grails web app launched

I have launched new Grails powered web site www.spenddaywithkids.com.

Idea of the web site is to help you find interesting places where you can go with kids. There are places like zoos, water parks, theme parks....

Developing this application was interesting for me because this was for me the first time I used google maps in some of my application. Also new for me was geocoding but actually this turned out to be as easy as reuse formulas available online. Currently on USA is covered but Europe should come soon.

Currently I have three sites online: grails tutorials, software books reviews and spend day with kids.
For me it is just prove that development of web applications with Grails is easy and fun but know I will concentrate on extending my existing site and hope I will not get any fun idea soon :)

Let me know if you have some proposals for any of mentioned sites.

No comments: