Monday, June 16, 2008

Tag Cloud Added to Grails Tutorials

I have added tag cloud to http://www.grailstutorials.com. Now each tutorial can be tagged so navigation is possible also by tags.

The main difference between tag cloud on grails tutorials compared to tag cloud on other sites is that it is enough to be logged in to change (add/remove) tags on any tutorial.

So far there is no possibility to add new tags, you have to reuse precreated set, but if there will be interest I plan to add this possibility too.

For tag cloud implementation I used Act As Taggable Plugin
This plugin give you boost at the beginning but from my point of view still misses lot of support functionality that I had to implement. I hope that in next days I will be able to organize code I implemented for tag cloud features and provide it to 'act as taggable plugin'. This way everybody can reuse what I had implemented and don't have to reimplement the same thing again.

If time permits me for sure I will write at least one post about tag cloud implementation on grails tutorials.

If you have any ideas or proposals for grails tutorials please let me know. I would be happy to have more responses from those who visit grailstutorials.com

No comments: